Here at the Casual Sex Project, we think a lot about hookups. Hookups often get a bad rep, but we are firm believers that, if done safely and respectfully, casual sex can not only make for good stories, but can also be super fun, pleasurable, and empowering. And we’re committed to helping you get there!
Based on all the #LegitSexScience we’ve reviewed and all the stories you’ve shared here over the years, we’ve come up with a list of things you should always have with you (on your night stand as well as in your purse) to be well-prepared for your hook-up adventures. You never know when you might get lucky!
So here are our 5 Hookup Essentials, most of which you can get from our partner, Adam & Eve, the largest online retailer of sex supplies:
1. Condoms, duh! For obvious reasons, condoms are generally a MUST for safer and guilt-free casual sex. Many people say they don’t like condoms, but this is often because they haven’t found ones that fit them size-wise or that they like in terms of texture, smell, thickness, and material. Click here for a range of latex condoms. And if you’re allergic to latex, or simply not a big fan (like some of us here at CSP), Skyn condoms are our all-time favorites! Even if latex works for you, it might not work for your hookup partner, so it’s always a good idea to keep one or two non-latex condoms on you! (And they really do feel better than many other typical condoms!)
2. Lube. Lube is quite essential to maintain that silky-smooth sensation for both quickies and night-long hookups, it reduces friction, and prevents chafing. This certainly makes sex more pleasurable, but fewer micro-tears also means lower risk of sexually transmitted infections! There are lots of different types of lubes out there: water-based ones that can be used with all body parts and sex toys, as well as silicone-based ones (among these, Uberlube is our all-time favorite), which don’t get absorbed by the body as quickly and are therefore particularly amazing for longer-lasting sex and anal play. Just don’t use silicone lube with silicone toys! And no excuses that you don’t have room for a lube bottle in your pockets or purse: Many brands offer travel-size bottles and/or little single-use packets.
3. A clitoral vibrator. About 70% of women either don’t orgasm from penetration alone at all or find clitoral stimulation during penetration significantly enhances their orgasm, and, sadly, women are only half as likely as men to have an orgasm during a hookup! Luckily, that might be easier to solve than you think: A little vibration applied to the clitoris – during, before, or after intercourse can do wonders for female pleasure! Try the Satisfyer Pro 2 to help you even out the unfortunate “orgasm gap”. This vibrator has 11 different vibration levels, but is still small enough to slip in a handbag.
4. Massage oil. Any hookup can be improved with a massage! It’s a great way to get your partner in the mood beforehand, give them a breather in-between sessions, or end the hookup for a full-service treatment. The Intimate Earth Aromatherapy Massage Oil lets you create intimate moments with your partner, in a container that you don’t have to worry about shattering in your bag!
5. And, finally, a travel toothbrush and toothpaste for before the kiss (beer breath is not that sexy) or the morning after (if things went that well). You can get both at any pharmacy 😉
With these tools, you’ll be prepared for whatever sexy adventures you get up to!
If you’re interested in trying out any of these products or others from Adam & Eve, use our promo code “ZHANA” to save 50% OFF any one item and receive free shipping in the US & Canada. Certain exclusions apply. 100% money back guarantee. 24/7 customer service. 90 day no-hassle returns/exchanges.
What else do you bring with you when you’re searching for hookups? Let us know in the comments!